Association Building Coordinators of Illinois
This organization was founded in 1997, by a group of coordinators that saw the need to build a network between other municipalities Building Departments, so that information could be exchanged to better their departments.
- Inspire & equip all Building Coordinators with information & education that will inspire them to attain excellence in their field.
- To be an acknowledge, recognized leader of Building Coordinators in Northern Illinois.
- Enhance individual & collective values,competence,image and also influence their work enviroment.
- Take advantage of new educational resources.
- Enhance your skills by learning from other Building Coordinators in neighboring communities.
- Build valuable professional networks & friendships.
Your employee will:
- Receive tools & knowledge to become a more effective contributor to your department.
- Learn from A.B.C.I speakers with knowledge of changes in technology, codes & forms.
- A.B.C.I members provide each other with know-how & ideas for special projects through informational resources & experience.
Our membership currently is very broad. We have members in Lake, McHenry ,Kane, Cook & DuPage Counties & even Rock Island County!!
We have posted this website with the purpose of sharing knowledge to those that are unable to attend our meetings. We always welcome new members.
We are Non-Profit! The only fee's our members pay are as follows:
- The current cost per meeting is $20.00 per person. It covers your own lunch & the cost of any speaker.
- $5.00 per calender year, due in September, per municipality to cover the hosting fee for this webpage.
Our meetings are conveniently scheduled. We typically meet in January, March, May & November on the 3rd Wednesday at 12 noon.
Our meeting place is:
The Arboretum Club
401 Half Day Rd.